Google has launched its second Android 11 developer preview (DP2) with a number of modifications and enhancements to the construct. It brings a complete bunch of options, certainly, one of which is a much-needed addition to the face unlocks system which now will get the ‘Require eyes to be open’ toggle. This implies the telephone is not going to unlock in case your eyes are usually not open. Together with this, the second developer preview provides options like 5G state API, hinge angle detection for foldable, variable refresh charge for apps and video games, and resume on reboot, amongst others.
Google second Android 11 developer
Again in October of final yr, Google mentioned it could launch a repair for the face unlock function on the Pixel 4₹ 77,999 which used to unlock the telephone even when the person wasn’t taking a look at it. Earlier this month, the function was added to the Pixel Four but it surely did not appear to work. Now, with the newest developer preview of Android 11, the function is again, as reported by Xda builders. In response to exams performed by Android Police, the function works each with and without glasses, and in several lighting circumstances.
Because the title suggests, the developer preview is supposed for builders and plenty of the options/modifications are geared in the direction of these customers. A few of these options have been listed on Google’s Android 11 DP2 weblog which incorporates:
Google Android 11 DP2
- 5G state API
- Resume on reboot
- Variable refresh charge
- Scoped storage updates
- Hinge angle for foldable
- Name screening service enhancements
- New ops and controls in Neural Networks API
- 5G state API: This lets customers test if they’re on a 5G New Radio or Non-Standalone community. Builders could make use of this function to focus on the app’s 5G expertise when the person is related.
- Hinge angle for foldable: DP2 provides a hinge angle sensor that permits apps to get the exact hinge angle which can assist builders “create adaptive experiences for foldable.”
- Name screening service enhancements: Google launched the automated name screening function for Pixel Four customers with the primary Pixel function drop in December final yr. It permits customers to know who’s calling and why even earlier than they reply to the decision. This function has been improved with DP2 and now, call-screening apps can report a name rejection cause. A submit name display screen may also be personalized to let customers mark a name as spam or add the quantity to contacts in the event that they so select.
- New ops and controls in Neural Networks API: Google found an operation that permits its AI to have “quicker coaching time and better accuracy throughout all kinds of duties.” Management ops allow extra superior machine studying fashions that assist loops and branching. New execution controls have additionally been added to attenuate latency for frequent duties.
- Variable refresh charge: This enables apps and video games to set a most well-liked body charge which is a superb addition to DP2, given the rising variety of units with excessive refresh charge screens.
- Resume on reboot: Though the telephone will nonetheless restart after, Over the Air (OTA) updates, apps will now resume on reboot which implies regular performance instantly, without the person having to unlock the gadget with the brand new DP2.
- Scoped storage updates: The brand new scoped storage mannequin in DP2 higher protects app and person knowledge on exterior storage. The administration of cached records data has additionally been improved.
Xda builders have additionally famous just a few different modifications and enhancements in DP2 like Notification Historical past choice in Settings together with a Handle Conversations choice to regulate apps that seem within the Conversations space (added within the first developer preview). The Pixel Wallpaper app has been revamped, the display screen recorder UI has been up to date, a ‘Faucet to Restart’ choice has been added that makes it match the telephone’s side ratio, and a brand new ‘HD audio’ has been added for Bluetooth audio.
The Android 11 DP2 might be downloaded to Pixel 2/ Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3/ Pixel Three XL, Pixel 3a/ Pixel 3a XL, or Pixel 4/ Pixel Four XL telephones.